A TOGAF® eLearning Course from Good e-Learning – Offered with Special Pricing
eLearning Launchpad is pleased to offer this self-paced TOGAF elearning course to clients in the U.S. and many other countries -- see country availability, in partnership with Good e-Learning - a leading and award-winning developer of this and other TOGAF® elearning courses. Our regular price is well below suggested retail, and we add further value through our unique spending-based discounts (great for teams or multi-course buys) and a special-package discount that applies when ordering any self-paced e-learning course(s) in combination with a private instructor-led (live) course provided by us. Order online (with flexible payment methods) or via PO.
Course Name: Implementation: TOGAF®
Price (single-user): $559 USD
Already 20% below retail!
See our discounts for up to 40% in additional savings.
Course Focus: Practitioner-level guidance for implementing an effective EA Practice
Availability: sold only to the U.S. and many other countries -- see country availability
Delivery & Duration: Self-paced eLearning (English); ~24 hours, including exercises
Access: 12 months via web browser
Order This Course Ordering Info Top
Course Objectives and Benefits:
Getting an EA practice started, or making significant improvements to an existing practice, can be a daunting challenge — these topics are only superficially addressed in a very generic, theoretical way in most TOGAF/EA training and cert prep courses. This course is designed primarily for individuals with some prior knowledge of TOGAF®, or EA in general, who seek further practitioner-level guidance on addressing the real-world challenges of actually implementing and integrating a TOGAF-like framework into their particular business and organizational environment. The course provides valuable insights, perspectives, and strategies for establishing an effective EA practice and charter that fits with the realities of the many surrounding business drivers, expectations, cultural/organizational orientations, skills, and planning/management/IT frameworks that already exist in the enterprise. Establishing such a practice — one that effectively integrates with and complements the parent enterprise — is essential to building an EA capability that can deliver real business value. After first providing an overview of the components and key concepts of TOGAF (a refresher for those with prior TOGAF knowledge), the course focuses on making the “Preliminary Phase” of the TOGAF ADM (where EA capability is established) more actionable by introducing many important real-world considerations and practical strategies for developing a well-integrated and high performing EA practice that is aligned with, and even influences, business strategies and goals. For details on course content, view the Detailed Course Topics Outline.
Note: This is a course aimed at improving insights and approaches as a practitioner and there are no formal certifications or exams associated with this course; however, the written exercises at the end of each module are reviewed by EA experts as part of the learning process.
Who Should Take This Course:
This course can greatly benefit individuals, teams, or managers who…
- have prior knowledge of TOGAF/EA and need to take the next step and actually implement/improve an EA practice within their organization
- are studying the generic theory of TOGAF (perhaps via certification prep training) and want to develop, in parallel, a deeper understanding of the practical aspects of defining, aligning, and integrating an EA practice in a particular organization
- want to significantly improve the effectiveness of an existing EA practice and achieve better engagement and integration with business strategy processes and other key management frameworks owned by other organizations
- want a preview of common challenges facing EA practices, and best practice approaches to those challenges, to improve capability maturity assessment, governance, and improvement planning processes for a new or existing EA practice
- want to have on-demand direct access to the course topics, in a self-paced manner that fits with busy schedules and organizational timelines
This course is ideally suited to individuals with prior knowledge/training in TOGAF® and/or other EA frameworks (including those who may already be TOGAF certified). However, individuals who have little or no understanding of TOGAF (or may have forgotten much of their past learning on the topic) may still 1) find the course very useful as a parallel practitioner-oriented learning resource to use along side more generic/theoretical training in EA/TOGAF, or 2) find that the TOGAF overview that is provided in the first module of this course provides a useful jump-start/refresh on the basics of TOGAF that is adequate to understand much of the more practitioner-oriented material that follows.
Key Features of this Course and the eLearning Ecosystem
- Learn practitioner-level best practices for setting up an effective EA practice that is based on the TOGAF framework and tailored to fit the needs of your enterprise — also benefit from the excellent TOGAF overview/refresher provided early in the course. See the Detailed Course Topics Outline for course content details
- 24 hours of high quality course content (including exercises)
- Review of written exercises by EA experts
- Ongoing expert support for any course/subject matter questions or course technical issues
- Access the course online at anytime for 12 months (time extensions available)
- Access the course via the web using any major browser on a desktop, laptop, or tablet running Windows, Mac, iOS or Android; course can be viewed on these supported browsers: Chrome*, Firefox*, MS Edge*, Safari*, Internet Explorer (10 or later), mobile Safari (iOS 8 or later), mobile Chrome (iOS 8 or later, Android 4.1 or later); *latest Windows/MacOS version
- Internet connection can be via any reliable broadband/high speed service that provides typical download speeds of 20Mbps or greater
- Easily access your course(s) after logon to the robust, feature-rich, online learning management ecosystem that tracks and reports your progress through the course(s)
- Course uses 1) HTML5-based design that allows viewing on standard browsers with no special apps, plugins, or extensions, 2) convenient slide viewer navigation and audio/narration playback controls, 3) controls to readily access: a notes panel, glossary panel, content outline links panel for direct access to any topic, learning objectives panel, downloads of supplemental materials, on-slide interactive objects, and other resources, and 4) a convenient resume-where-you-left-off feature.
Trial Course – for Previewing Content and Features
Launch this trial course for a preview of this course’s content, user interface, and interactive features (opens in new browser window). A small sampling of narrated slides from a few course topic areas are presented, using the same viewing technology that is used in the full course.
Topics that are partially sampled in this trial module include the course introduction, TOGAF components overview (ADM), linking business and architecture, pertinent frameworks, and EA trends to address when establishing your EA practice (the full course contains many more topics — see detailed course topics outline below).
Technologies demonstrated in this trial include: 1) HTML5-based design that allows viewing on standard browsers across many device types, 2) slide viewer navigation and audio/narration playback controls, 3) controls to access: notes panel, glossary panel, content outline links panel for direct access to any topic, learning objectives panel, downloads of certain supplemental materials, on-slide interactive objects, and other resources, and 4) the convenient resume-where-you-left-off feature.
This trial is intended to provide a representative sampling of course content and features to allow you to judge the general nature and look/feel of the course design. Evaluating this trial module is strongly recommended before making a purchasing decision to increase confidence that the course will meet your expectations. Note that refunds are not possible after viewing begins on the actual purchased course.
Detailed Course Topics Outline
The expandable course outline below reflects the flow of the course, and identifies the major modules and topic areas that make up the course.Collapse All Expand All
Click topics to view sub-topic details,
or Expand All
An Overview of TOGAF – Linking Business and Architecture
- TOGAF ‘refresher’ covering the major parts and concepts of the standard
- High-level view of Enterprise Architecture strategy components
- Framework help for Enterprise Architecture
The Enterprise Architecture Practice
- Recognizing and using the differences and similarities between the PMO and the Enterprise Architecture Practice
- The Enterprise Architecture Practice and its placement and function within the organization
- Set up an Enterprise Architecture Practice
- Setting up and engaging an Architecture Board
EA Practice – Importance of EA Framework Integration
- Understand why it is necessary to integrate an Enterprise Architecture framework rather than just implement it
- Management frameworks and integrating an Enterprise Architecture framework
EA Practice – Demand & Supply
- Enterprise Architecture Information sources and requirements
- Enterprise Architecture Demand/Supply Model
- Asymmetric Demand
- Challenge model for understanding the position of the Enterprise Architecture Practice
EA Practice – Interaction of Strategy, Architecture & Delivery
- Understand the environment of strategy
- Understand what makes up an Enterprise Architecture strategy
- Integration of the strategy into the environment
- How to approach the implementation of Enterprise Architecture strategy
EA Practice – Operating & Engagement Models
- Understanding the Enterprise Architecture Operating Model
- Operating model design, structure, adaptation, and testing
- Understanding the Enterprise Architecture Engagement Model
- Integrating related business unit functions and relevant interfaces
EA Practice – Capability Assessment
- Benefits of a capability assessment
- Constructing and using a capability assessment
Governance – Standards & Principles
- The fundamental elements of governance
- The difference between governance and management
- Recognizing the requirement for governance
- Understanding why governance is important
- Understanding how to create a governance framework
Services, Capabilities & Tools
- Difference between services and capabilities
- Defining the required services and capabilities for the successful Enterprise Architecture Practice
- Recognizing the need for tools and how to choose the appropriate tools
Communications Strategy & Execution
- Understanding communication, its complexity and scope
- Recognizing the criticality of communication and the involved effort
- Understanding what an Enterprise Architecture charter is and why it is necessary
- Developing an Enterprise Architecture charter
Course Pricing and Discounts
Price (single-user): $559 USD
Already 20% below retail!
See our discounts below for up to 40% in additional savings.
Even though this price is already well below recommended retail, our Total-Based Discounts and Special Package Discounts allow you or your team to save far more when purchasing multiple kinds and/or multiple quantities of self-paced and/or instructor-led courses – a great benefit for those acquiring training for teams and organizations with varying needs. Details follow:
TOTAL-BASED DISCOUNTS for our Self-Paced e-Learning Courses
The total amount of any order you place with us determines the discount percentage applied to any self-paced e-learning courses contained in the order. Your order, whether via the online ordering/payment system here on this site, or via traditional PO, may consist of any number of e-learning courses at various quantities and/or other types of courses and products we offer. The total-based discount brackets are as follows:
5% off e-learning if order total is $2,000 to $5,999 (use coupon code EL-5 )
10% off e-learning if order total is $6,000 to $9,999 (use coupon code EL-10 )
If planning order(s) over $10,000 please contact us --- and also note our 15% - 40% SPECIAL PACKAGE DISCOUNTS described further below.
Determination of Order Total: Any course(s) or other products in your order, at the quantities specified in the order, all count toward the order total range thresholds above; i.e., even an item that is not an e-learning course counts toward the threshold, such as a registration for a public instructor-led TOGAF course.
Discount Applicability: When a total order amount is in the ranges defined above, the specified discount is applied only to the self-paced e-learning courses in the order. While instructor-led course(s) in an order do count toward the total order thresholds, the above discounts are not applied to instructor-led courses. These total-based discounts cannot be applied in combination with any other discount offer, other coupon codes, or other special promotions. Note that if you are interested in ordering a private instructor-led course in combination with one or more self-paced e-learning courses, consider the “15% - 40% Special Package Discounts” described further below.
Ordering Methods for Discounts
Orders via Cart: If using our convenient online order/payment system here on our site, simply enter and apply the appropriate coupon code (indicated above) on the Cart page, being sure that all item quantities are properly set before applying the coupon code. After applying, the proper coupon code, the cart will automatically update to reflect the reduced prices and total resulting from the discounts.
Orders via PO: If you cannot take advantage of our convenient online ordering process and need to place your order via a traditional PO, we will offer/apply the same discount policy described above in our quotation.
Discounts for Multiple Orders Over a Time Period: If circumstances result in you distributing your course purchases across multiple orders over a period of time (either via Cart or PO), you can still partially benefit from the discount policy described above. We will allow the total of your prior orders placed within the last 6 months to be applied toward meeting the above thresholds for discounts on new self-paced e-learning course orders. Just contact us before placing any additional orders and we’ll provide you special coupon codes for the Cart (or special quotations for a PO) that reduce the discount thresholds for the new order by the amount of your previous orders from the prior 6 months.
15% - 40% SPECIAL PACKAGE ELEARNING DISCOUNTS for clients who book a private instructor-led course:
- 15% discount on all elearning course orders (of $20,000 or less) placed within 6 months of any private instructor-led course booking of any class size (even 1-on-1 classes),
- 40% discount on any single elearning course of choice (one user) ordered within 6 months of any private instructor-led course booking of 4 or more attendees; every additional 4 attendees at the same instructor-led course qualifies the organization for another 40% discount on any single elearning course (one user); example: a private instructor-led course booking for 12 attendees qualifies the organization to purchase any 3 elearning courses (for any 3 users) at a 40% discount - these 3 users may be different people in the organization, or may be among those who attended the private course.
These special package discounts are great opportunities for organizations that want to extend TOGAF-related training via self-paced e-learning to other peripheral or remote individuals or groups that do not need, or cannot participate in the more intensive live instructor-led training – the anytime/anywhere access to e-learning courses can greatly increase the reach and accessibility of the training across the organization. Alternatively, some e-learning courses serve as excellent supplemental, deeper-dive, or refresher training for those who have already attended private instructor-led training (example: the “Implementation: TOGAF” elearning course can serve as a more practitioner-oriented supplement for those who have attended a private instructor-led TOGAF certification prep course).
If interested in either of these special package discounts, just contact us about your plans, and whether you intend to order via PO or via our Cart, and we will coordinate with you to ensure that the appropriate discount of choice is applied to the qualifying self-paced e-learning courses you order after your private course is booked.
For information on our very affordable, high quality, instructor-led TOGAF certification-prep course offerings (online or onsite, private 1-on-1 or groups of 2+), please start with the overview provided on the eLearning Launchpad home page.
Special Package Discount Applicability: Applies as stated above to qualifying self-paced elearning courses ordered within the 6 month period that follow the placement of a paid private instructor-led course order with us (or issuance of an approved PO for same). The 15% and 40% Special Package Discounts described above cannot be applied in combination, nor can either of these discounts be applied in combination with any other discount offer, other coupon codes, or other special promotions that do not allow additional discounts.
The gift card offer described below cannot be used in combination with other discounts or promotions, such as the elearning discounts described above.
A Customer Appreciation Offer (supply is limited):
Receive a $150 AMAZON.COM GIFT CARD!
(for U.S. Amazon purchases only)
4 Easy Ways to Receive Your Card:
- Register for a public instructor-led 4-day TOGAF cert prep course (an affordable training solution for individuals)
- Order a private instructor-led 4-day TOGAF cert prep course (any class size from 1 to 15, onsite or online, you pick the dates & times)
- Order self-paced e-learning courses totalling $2000 or more (any mix/quantity of elearning courses; one user per course)
- Refer someone to us who then orders and attends/uses a course per one of the above 3 criteria
Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and can be redeemed towards millions of items at www.amazon.com
NOTE: Amazon Gift Cards may not be applied to the purchase of goods or services at any Amazon-affiliated property outside of the United States.
Some restrictions apply to use of the Amazon.com Gift Card: See amazon.com/gc-legal
This gift card offer is not valid in combination with any other course discounts or promotions described on this site.
After placing your course order(s), use our Contact Us form to let us know if you'd like to accept or decline this offer; if accepted, the gift card recipient name, email address, and location (city and state) must be provided.
The gift card is supplied electronically -- the code will be made available for download after course payment is received and after either 1) attendance at the instructor-led course, or 2) 14 days after purchase of the e-learning courses.
Referrers should use our Contact Us form to identify the name, organization, and email address of the party you are referring.
A party who is referred to us (ie, per the referral offer described above) is not eligible for this gift card offer.
As an alternative to this offer, other DISCOUNT OFFERS UP TO 40% are possible on our self-paced e-learning courses.
Order This Course
Clicking the “Order This Course” button below takes you to a simple order form and online checkout/payment process.
Need to order via PO instead? No problem, just contact us and let us know what you need. Same discounts apply to POs.
NOTES ON PLACING ORDERS
You identify the user name(s) and user email(s) in the order form, and adjust the course order quantity to match the number of users (only one user permitted per course instance).
If your order is placed via credit card, we will immediately begin preparing a unique course management area with login credentials for each user. The course will be ready to access, and access info will be emailed to each user, within 48 hours of receiving your paid order. (If the Check or ACH payment payment method is chosen in Checkout, course access will be granted to the user(s) only after payment is actually received/cleared in our account.)
All applicable terms and conditions are identified on the order form. Due to intellectual property protection policies, refunds are not possible for any given single-user course after the assigned user first accesses that course; so, to avoid misunderstanding of the course content and features, please be sure you have evaluated the course description, introductory video, detailed outline, and trial course (sample course excerpt module) provided above on this page (additional refund policy details are provided on the order form).
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DISCOUNTS: If ordering here on our online shop, the total-based discounts described in the Course Pricing and Discounts section above can be applied in the Cart page, using the coupon codes indicated; this is done after all desired products have been added to the Cart and desired quantities are set. Note that orders for any of our other self-paced elearning courses and/or live instructor-led courses (such as a public TOGAF course registration) may also be added to the same cart, and all items will count toward the total-based discount thresholds that are applicable to this course. Note that if you are planning to order a private instructor-led course along with this or other e-learning courses, please contact us before placing your order because, in this case, special package discounts are possible for some or all of your self-paced e-learning course orders going forward.
Need to use a PO? If you need to place your order via PO and are not able to use our simple online shop for orders, it’s no problem at all — we’re happy to support your procurement process requirements. Note that the discounts described above also apply for PO-based orders. Instead of using our order form, just contact us and let us know your plans and requirements – we’ll provide a quotation and terms document, and any other documentation that may be needed. Please be sure to review the discount information in the section above, and click through to the order form (button below) to review the agreements and terms involved with this course, as most of this information will be relevant to the quote and PO. Note that access to e-learning courses is granted to users after receipt of an approved and accepted PO with that includes our terms.
For any questions, please use our contact form, or email us at or call us at . Note that, when a course is ordered and access is granted, the user(s) will be provided with additional contact information for technical and course subject matter support directly from the course provider.Top