A TOGAF® eLearning Course from Good e-Learning – Offered with Special Pricing
eLearning Launchpad is pleased to offer this self-paced TOGAF elearning course to the U.S. market in partnership with Good e-Learning, a leading and award-winning developer of this and other TOGAF® elearning courses. Our regular price is far below retail list price, and we add further value through our unique spending-based discounts (great for teams or multi-course buys) and a special-package discount that applies when ordering any self-paced e-learning course(s) in combination with a private instructor-led (live) course provided by us. Order online (with flexible payment methods) or via PO.
Course Name: Awareness: TOGAF®
Price (single-user): $99 USD
This promotional price is already 23% below retail list price, AND up to 40% in ADDITIONAL savings is possible with our eLearning discounts
Course Summary: A 6 hour basic overview of the TOGAF standard and its concepts, general EA concepts and definitions, and related benefits to the organization. A quick and low-cost way to gain a general understanding of TOGAF if not currently needing the more in-depth cert prep / practitioner-level training offered in our other TOGAF elearning and instructor-led courses.
Availability: Currently sold in U.S. only
Delivery: Self-paced eLearning (English)
Duration: ~6 hours, including exercises/quizzes
Access: 6 months via web browser
Course Data Sheet: Download (PDF)Order This Course Ordering InfoTop
Course Objectives and Benefits:
This TOGAF Awareness course provides all the need-to-know knowledge about The Open Group’s TOGAF standard. The course provides a thorough introduction to TOGAF, including its content, context and processes, as well as the competitive advantages TOGAF can offer. The potential benefits of TOGAF are huge, but you do not have to be a certified practitioner, decision-maker or major stakeholder to benefit from an awareness of what enterprise architecture and TOGAF can do for a business. This course is perfect for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of TOGAF, learn how to ‘sell’ TOGAF within an organization, or simply learn more about TOGAF before committing to more costly and time consuming certification prep courses and examinations.
The Open Group TOGAF Standard is focused on planning, defining, implementing, and governing enterprise architecture across the business, data, applications, and technology domains. TOGAF takes a high-level approach to architectural design, and relies heavily on modularized building blocks, integration, standardization and the use of proven technologies, products and frameworks.
This course is split into four modules that provide a solid introduction to the TOGAF standard. Completing this course will make students aware, confident and informed about exactly what the TOGAF standard is, how it works, its background, and what it can do for any organization. For details on course content, view the Detailed Course Topics Outline below on this page.
1) As a basic awareness course, there are no formal certifications or exams associated with this course; however, interactive, automatically graded quizzes are distributed through the course as an informal means of assessing understanding of key learning points.
2) This course was created prior to the TOGAF 9.2 update that occurred in 2018, however the changes from 9.1 to 9.2 are relatively minor and have little impact at the overview level of this course as the fundamentals of TOGAF have not changed (9.2 is primarily about restructuring for ease of maintenance and enhancements/additions in the area of business architecture and security); if interested in details about the changes in TOGAF 9.2, please visit the TOGAF 9.2 FAQ page.
Who Should Take This Course:
This course can greatly benefit individuals, teams, or managers who…
- are in a role which requires understanding of TOGAF, its content, context, processes and benefits but are not required to become a certified practitioner
- have a group of sponsors, decision-makers or stakeholders that need to be made aware of the value and benefits of enterprise architecture and TOGAF as an EA framework
- need to ‘sell’ TOGAF internally within your organization
- want to know more about the TOGAF standard before committing to more in-depth certification prep training and the associated examinations, or need a primer to feel more confident before attending such cert prep courses
- want to have on-demand direct access to the course topics, in a self-paced manner that fits with busy schedules and organizational timelines
There are no specific prerequisites for this course; however, some familiarity or experience in enterprise and/or IT architecture projects would be helpful.
Key Features of this Course and the eLearning Ecosystem
- 6 hours of high quality course content (including quizzes) that provides an effective introductory overview of TOGAF that benefits individuals, organizations, and EA/framework decision-makers. See the Detailed Course Topics Outline further below for course content details
- Ongoing expert support for any course/subject matter questions or course technical issues
- Online access to the course at anytime for 6 months (extensions beyond 6 months are available at extra cost)
- Easy access to the course via the web using any major browser on a desktop, laptop, or tablet running Windows, Mac, iOS or Android. Course can be viewed on these supported browsers: Chrome*, Firefox*, MS Edge*, Safari*, Internet Explorer (10 or later), mobile Safari (iOS 8 or later), mobile Chrome (iOS 8 or later, Android 4.1 or later); *latest Windows/MacOS version
- Internet connection can be via any reliable broadband/high speed service that provides typical download speeds of 20Mbps or greater
- Easily access your course(s) after logon to the robust, feature-rich, online learning management ecosystem that tracks and reports your progress through the course(s)
- Course provides HTML5-based design that allows viewing on standard browsers across many device types, simple slide viewer navigation and audio/narration playback controls, and on-slide interactive objects.
Trial Course – for Previewing Content and Features
Launch this trial course for a preview of this course’s content, user interface, and interactive features (opens in new browser window). A small sampling of narrated slides from a few course topic areas are presented. Topics that are partially sampled in this trial module include the the definitions of Enterpise Architecture and its purpose, a quick intro to what TOGAF is, the stages of architecture maturity, and benefits of business-level architecture.
Technologies demonstrated in this trial include HTML5-based design that allows viewing on standard browsers across many device types, slide viewer navigation and audio/narration playback controls, and on-slide interactive objects.
This trial is intended to provide a representative sampling of course content and features to allow you to judge the general nature and look/feel of the course design. Evaluating this trial module is strongly recommended before making a purchasing decision to increase confidence that the course will meet your expectations. Note that refunds are not possible after viewing begins on the actual purchased course.
Detailed Course Topics Outline
The expandable course outline below reflects the flow of the course, and identifies the major modules and topic areas that make up the course.Collapse All Expand All
Click topics to view sub-topic details,
or Expand All
Module 1: An Introduction
The first module of the course focuses on giving the learner an overview of the age of digital disruption and goes on to set the scene by explaining the key terms and where TOGAF can help a business.
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 What is Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF?
- 1.3 Enterprise Architecture Implementation Challenges
- 1.4 An Introduction to the TOGAF Standard
- 1.5 Why use TOGAF?
- 1.6 The Relationship between TOGAF and other domains
Module 2: The Detail
Module 2 dives into more detail about the TOGAF standard to focus on the phases of the Architecture Development Method (ADM) including transition and delivery, the Enterprise Continuum, and more detailed key terminology.
- 2.1 Introduction to the ADM
- 2.2 Setting Architecture Context
- 2.3 Architecture Delivery
- 2.4 Transitional Planning
- 2.5 Building Blocks and the Enterprise Continuum
- 2.6 Stakeholders, Concerns, Views and Viewpoints
Module 3: Benefits of Key Framework Elements
Module 3 is concerned with the benefits that TOGAF can bring to a business through some of its key framework concepts and areas of guidance.
- 3.1 Architecture Governance
- 3.2 Architecture Skills Framework
- 3.3 Architecture Vision
- 3.4 Stakeholder Management
- 3.5 Service-Oriented Architecture
- 3.6 Other Important Benefits
Module 4: Benefits For Various Stakeholders
This, the final module, provides a brief overview of the benefits grouped by stakeholder. Specific benefits are identified for major types of involved persons or groups.
- 4.1 The Business User
- 4.2 The IT Organization
- 4.3 The EA Organization
- 4.4 The IT Service Provider
- 4.5 The IT Management Software Vendor
- 4.6 The Industry-related Training and Certification Provider
Course Pricing and Discounts
Our Regular Below-Retail Price: $99 — see additional discounts below:
Even though our $99 regular price for this course is already 23% below suggested retail, our Total-Based Discounts and Special Package Discounts allow you or your team to save far more when purchasing multiple kinds and/or multiple quantities of self-paced and/or instructor-led courses – a great benefit for those acquiring training for teams and organizations with varying needs. Details follow:
TOTAL-BASED DISCOUNTS for our Self-Paced e-Learning Courses
The total amount of any order you place with us determines the discount percentage applied to any self-paced e-learning courses contained in the order. Your order, whether via the online ordering/payment system here on this site, or via traditional PO, may consist of any number of e-learning courses at various quantities and/or other types of courses and products we offer. The total-based discount brackets are as follows:
5% off e-learning if order total is $2,000 to $5,999 (use coupon code EL-5 )
10% off e-learning if order total is $6,000 to $9,999 (use coupon code EL-10 )
If planning order(s) over $10,000 please contact us --- and also note our 15% - 40% SPECIAL PACKAGE DISCOUNTS described further below.
Determination of Order Total: Any course(s) or other products in your order, at the quantities specified in the order, all count toward the order total range thresholds above; i.e., even an item that is not an e-learning course counts toward the threshold, such as a registration for a public instructor-led TOGAF course.
Discount Applicability: When a total order amount is in the ranges defined above, the specified discount is applied only to the self-paced e-learning courses in the order. While instructor-led course(s) in an order do count toward the total order thresholds, the above discounts are not applied to instructor-led courses. These total-based discounts cannot be applied in combination with any other discount offer, other coupon codes, or other special promotions. Note that if you are interested in ordering a private instructor-led course in combination with one or more self-paced e-learning courses, consider the “15% - 40% Special Package Discounts” described further below.
Ordering Methods for Discounts
Orders via Cart: If using our convenient online order/payment system here on our site, simply enter and apply the appropriate coupon code (indicated above) on the Cart page, being sure that all item quantities are properly set before applying the coupon code. After applying, the proper coupon code, the cart will automatically update to reflect the reduced prices and total resulting from the discounts.
Orders via PO: If you cannot take advantage of our convenient online ordering process and need to place your order via a traditional PO, we will offer/apply the same discount policy described above in our quotation.
Discounts for Multiple Orders Over a Time Period: If circumstances result in you distributing your course purchases across multiple orders over a period of time (either via Cart or PO), you can still partially benefit from the discount policy described above. We will allow the total of your prior orders placed within the last 6 months to be applied toward meeting the above thresholds for discounts on new self-paced e-learning course orders. Just contact us before placing any additional orders and we’ll provide you special coupon codes for the Cart (or special quotations for a PO) that reduce the discount thresholds for the new order by the amount of your previous orders from the prior 6 months.
15% - 40% SPECIAL PACKAGE ELEARNING DISCOUNTS for clients who book a private instructor-led course:
- 15% discount on all elearning course orders (of $20,000 or less) placed within 6 months of any private instructor-led course booking of any class size (even 1-on-1 classes),
- 40% discount on any single elearning course of choice (one user) ordered within 6 months of any private instructor-led course booking of 4 or more attendees; every additional 4 attendees at the same instructor-led course qualifies the organization for another 40% discount on any single elearning course (one user); example: a private instructor-led course booking for 12 attendees qualifies the organization to purchase any 3 elearning courses (for any 3 users) at a 40% discount - these 3 users may be different people in the organization, or may be among those who attended the private course.
These special pacakge discounts are great opportunities for organizations that want to extend TOGAF-related training via self-paced e-learning to other peripheral or remote individuals or groups that do not need, or cannot participate in the more intensive live instructor-led training – the anytime/anywhere access to e-learning courses can greatly increase the reach and accessibility of the training across the organization. Alternatively, some e-learning courses serve as excellent supplemental, deeper-dive, or refresher training for those who have already attended private instructor-led training (example: the “Implementation: TOGAF” elearning course can serve as a more practitioner-oriented supplement for those who have attended a private instructor-led TOGAF certification prep course).
If interested in either of these special package discounts, just contact us about your plans, and whether you intend to order via PO or via our Cart, and we will coordinate with you to ensure that the appropriate discount of choice is applied to the qualifying self-paced e-learning courses you order after your private course is booked.
For information on our very affordable, high quality, instructor-led TOGAF certification-prep course offerings (online or onsite, private 1-on-1 or groups of 2+), please start with the overview provided on the eLearning Launchpad home page.
Special Package Discount Applicability: Applies as stated above to qualifying self-paced elearning courses ordered within the 6 month period that follow the placement of a paid private instructor-led course order with us (or issuance of an approved PO for same). The 15% and 40% Special Package Discounts described above cannot be applied in combination, nor can either of these discounts be applied in combination with any other discount offer, other coupon codes, or other special promotions that do not allow additional discounts.
The gift card offer described below cannot be used in combination with other discounts or promotions, such as the elearning discounts described above.
New Year Customer Appreciation Offer:
Receive a $150 AMAZON.COM GIFT CARD!
4 Easy Ways to Qualify:
- Register for a public instructor-led 4-day TOGAF cert prep course (an affordable training solution for individuals)
- Order a private instructor-led 4-day TOGAF cert prep course (any class size from 1 to 15, onsite or online, you pick the dates & times)
- Order self-paced e-learning courses totalling $2000 or more (any mix/quantity of elearning courses; one user per course)
- Refer someone to us who then orders and attends/uses a course per one of the above 3 criteria
Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and can be redeemed towards millions of items at www.amazon.com
Some restrictions apply to use of the Amazon.com Gift Card: See amazon.com/gc-legal
This gift card offer is not valid in combination with any other course discounts or promotions described on this site.
After placing your course order(s), use our Contact Us form to let us know if you'd like to accept or decline this offer; if accepted, the gift card recipient name, email address, and location (city and state) must be provided.
The gift card is supplied electronically -- the code will be made available for download after course payment is received and after either 1) attendance at the instructor-led course, or 2) 14 days after purchase of the e-learning courses.
Referrers should use our Contact Us form to identify the name, organization, and email address of the party you are referring.
A party who is referred to us (ie, per the referral offer described above) is not eligible for this gift card offer.
As an alternative to this offer, other DISCOUNT OFFERS UP TO 40% are possible on our self-paced e-learning courses.
Order This Course
Clicking the “Order This Course” button below takes you to a simple order form and online checkout/payment process.
Need to order via PO instead? No problem, just contact us and let us know what you need. Same discounts apply to POs.
NOTES ON PLACING ORDERS
You identify the user name(s) and user email(s) in the order form, and adjust the course order quantity to match the number of users (only one user permitted per course instance).
If your order is placed via credit card, we will immediately begin preparing a unique course management area with login credentials for each user. The course will be ready to access, and access info will be emailed to each user, within 48 hours of receiving your paid order. (If the Check or ACH payment payment method is chosen in Checkout, course access will be granted to the user(s) only after payment is actually received/cleared in our account.)
All applicable terms and conditions are identified on the order form. Due to intellectual property protection policies, refunds are not possible for any given single-user course after the assigned user first accesses that course; so, to avoid misunderstanding of the course content and features, please be sure you have evaluated the course description, introductory video, detailed outline, and trial course (sample course excerpt module) provided above on this page (additional refund policy details are provided on the order form).
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DISCOUNTS: If ordering here on our online shop, the total-based discounts described in the Course Pricing and Discounts section above can be applied in the Cart page, using the coupon codes indicated; this is done after all desired products have been added to the Cart and desired quantities are set. Note that orders for any of our other self-paced elearning courses and/or live instructor-led courses (such as a public TOGAF course registration) may also be added to the same cart, and all items will count toward the total-based discount thresholds that are applicable to this course. Note that if you are planning to order a private instructor-led course along with this or other e-learning courses, please contact us before placing your order because, in this case, special package discounts are possible for some or all of your self-paced e-learning course orders going forward.
Need to use a PO? If you need to place your order via PO and are not able to use our simple online shop for orders, it’s no problem at all — we’re happy to support your procurement process requirements. Note that the discounts described above also apply for PO-based orders. Instead of using our order form, just contact us and let us know your plans and requirements – we’ll provide a quotation and terms document, and any other documentation that may be needed. Please be sure to review the discount information in the section above, and click through to the order form (button below) to review the agreements and terms involved with this course, as most of this information will be relevant to the quote and PO. Note that access to e-learning courses is granted to users after receipt of an approved and accepted PO with that includes our terms.
For any questions, please use our contact form, or email us at or call us at . Note that, when a course is ordered and access is granted, the user(s) will be provided with additional contact information for technical and course subject matter support directly from the course provider.Top