An accredited TOGAF® eLearning Course from Good e-Learning – Offered with Special Pricing
eLearning Launchpad is pleased to offer this self-paced TOGAF elearning course to clients in the U.S. and many other countries -- see country availability, in partnership with Good e-Learning - a leading and award-winning developer of this and other TOGAF® elearning courses. Our regular price is well below suggested retail, and we add further value through our unique spending-based discounts (great for teams or multi-course buys) and a special-package discount that applies when ordering any self-paced e-learning course(s) in combination with a private instructor-led (live) course provided by us. Order online (with flexible payment methods) or via PO.
Course: The TOGAF® Standard, Version 9.2 Foundation
Price (single-user): $584 USD (exam voucher included – a $320 value)
Already 25% below retail!
See our discounts for up to 40% in additional savings.
Course Summary: Provides a broad understanding of the fundamental concepts of the TOGAF 9.2 standard and the Architecture Development Method at the heart of TOGAF, while covering all the “Level 1” learning points as prep for the “TOGAF 9 Foundation” certification exam — exam voucher included (provided on request, once ready). This course is provided by Good E-Learning, is accredited by The Open Group®, and is an update from the course that received the 2018 “Outstanding Certification Product” award from The Open Group.
Availability: sold only to the U.S. and many other countries -- see country availability
Delivery & Duration: Self-paced eLearning (English); ~10 hours, including exercises
Access Period: 6 months via web browser
Order This Course Ordering Info Top
Why take this course?
This course is a very convenient and cost-effective solution for those seeking TOGAF 9.2 Foundation training and certification. The path to TOGAF certification can be accelerated by taking this high quality online eLearning course developed and provided by Good E-Learning. This course has been fully accredited by The Open Group® and meets all the learning requirements (ie, Level 1) of the latest version of TOGAF (9.2), ensuring that students can not only gain a broad understanding of TOGAF, but also be equipped with the knowledge they need to pass the TOGAF 9 Foundation certification exam. Even the exam voucher is included for free (provided on request, once ready), and is used as payment when booking the certification exam at Pearson VUE after the course; if this exam were purchased from Pearson VUE by an individual outside of an accredited course like this one, the cost for the exam alone would be $320, making the inclusion of the voucher in this course a tremendous value!
This course is an upgrade from the TOGAF course that won the 2018 “Outstanding Certification Product” award from The Open Group®. The course is built around a core of interactive slides, video and audio narration, and it is self-paced, allowing a student to pause and continue their learning at their own convenience. Each module concludes with a quiz allowing students to check their understanding at key moments in the course. Any module and any topic may be revisited at any time within the access period.
This course is ideal for:
- Anyone who requires a basic understanding of the TOGAF standard (version 9.2) at Foundation level (ie, Level 1 of 2)
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project and want to achieve a globally recognized certification and/or better understand the framework that’s in use by core EA team practitioners
- Anyone wishing to take the first step in understanding TOGAF, perhaps to approach TOGAF more gradually because the extent to which the framework will be adopted remains to be determined in a new or evolving EA practice
- Anyone wishing to take the first step in gaining full “TOGAF 9 Certified” certification (Level 2) using a step-wise approach where Foundation training and certification is done first (via this course), and then the training/study and certification for Level 2 is accomplished at a later date, allowing the study and prep effort (and cost) to be spread out over time (in contrast to taking a combined Level 1+2 course and then taking both exams back to back)
- Individual contributors, managers, functional or project teams, domain specialists, business and IT leaders, project leaders…anyone who needs to be in sync with how TOGAF can/will be used to make an organization’s EA practice more effective; EA is a cross-functional team sport – one person cannot make it all happen – so often times team training, and the unified momentum it creates, can make all the difference in getting EA off the ground. (Note that each course purchased is for a single-user only, so team training requires purchasing the course for each individual.)
- Anyone who wants to have on-demand direct access to the various course topics, in a self-paced manner that fits with busy schedules and organizational timelines, and allows topics to be revisited anytime within the access period
No particular knowledge or experience is required for this course; however, some background and experience in business/IT alignment and improvement, EA or IT architecture, and cross-functional multi-domain projects is beneficial.
Key Features of this Course and the eLearning Ecosystem
- Self-paced elearning course, designed by TOGAF experts, provided by Good E-Learning and accredited by The Open Group — this TOGAF 9.2 course is an upgrade from the TOGAF 9.1 course that won the 2018 “Outstanding Certification Product” award from The Open Group®)
- Course prepares the student with everything they need to pass the “TOGAF 9 Foundation” certification exam (based on TOGAF 9.2)
- Certification exam voucher included, and is provided on request, once ready (a $320 value) — voucher covers the cost of booking the exam at a Pearson VUE test center on a date/time that is convenient to the student
- Course includes built-in quizzes and automatic grading/feedback at the end of each module
- Downloadable study resources, including a Course Workbook PDF
- Approximately 10 hours of high quality course content (including exercises/quizzes) — see the Detailed Course Outline for details on the topics covered
- Ongoing expert support for any course/subject matter questions or course technical issues
- Access the course online at anytime for 6 months (time extensions available at additional cost – renewal can be done when needed)
- Access the course via the web using any major browser on a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device running Windows, Mac, iOS or Android; Course can be viewed on these supported browsers: Chrome*, Firefox*, MS Edge*, Safari*, Internet Explorer (10 or later), mobile Safari (iOS 8 or later), mobile Chrome (iOS 8 or later, Android 4.1 or later); *latest Windows/MacOS version
- Internet connection can be via any reliable broadband/high speed service that provides typical download speeds of 20Mbps or greater
- Easily access your course(s) after logon to the robust, feature-rich, online learning management ecosystem that tracks and reports your progress through the course(s)
- Course uses 1) Modern HTML5 design that allows viewing on standard browsers with no special apps, plugins, or extensions, 2) convenient slide viewer navigation and audio/narration playback controls, 3) controls to readily access: a notes/transcription panel, content outline links panel for direct access to any topic, learning objectives panel, downloads of supplemental materials/visuals, on-slide interactive objects and other resources, and 4) a convenient resume-where-you-left-off feature.
Trial Course – for Previewing Content and Features
Launch this trial course for a preview sampling of this course’s content, user interface, and interactive features (opens in new browser window). A sampling of narrated, interactive slides are presented, using the same browser-based viewing technology that is used in the full course.
The main topic covered by the trial course excerpt is Architecture Governance (Module 10 in the course outline shown further below), which covers governance characteristics, related governance frameworks, architecture board responsibilities and benefits, compliance assessments, the governance relationship to the Architecture Development Method, etc. Note that this content is from just one course module — the full course contains 10 course modules, as described in the detailed course outline section further below.
Technologies and features demonstrated in this trial course include:
- Modern HTML5 design that allows viewing on standard browsers across many device types and screen sizes, without the need for special plugins or apps
- Slide viewer navigation and audio/narration playback and replay controls (including direct access to any module topic)
- Controls to access: notes panel (containing summary info or narration transcripts), content outline links panel for direct access to any topic within the module, learning objectives panel, and on-slide interactive objects for sub-topics (rollovers, clickable pop-up panels, etc.)
- Convenient resume-where-you-left-off feature after exiting your browser and returning later
- Narrated videos to introduce and summarize the module
- Interactive knowledge-check quiz questions with automatic grading and feedback
This trial is intended to provide a sampling of course content and features to allow you to judge the general nature and look/feel of the course design. Evaluating this trial module is strongly recommended before making a purchasing decision to increase confidence that the course will meet your expectations. Note that refunds are not possible after the actual purchased course is accessed for the first time.
Detailed Course Topics Outline
The expandable course outline below reflects the flow of the course, and identifies the major modules and topic areas that make up the course.Collapse All Expand All
Click topics to view sub-topic details,
or Expand All
Module 1: Introduction
- The TOGAF® Standard, version 9.2 Foundation Workbook
- Why TOGAF Certification for People?
- The TOGAF Certification Program
Module 2: The Core Concepts of TOGAF 9
- Enterprise Architecture Background
- Interview with Allen Brown, ex-CEO of The Open Group
- Architecture in the TOGAF Context?
- TOGAF Background
- Architecture Types
- TOGAF 9 Components
- What is the Value of TOGAF as an Architecture Framework
- What is an Architecture Framework?
- TOGAF Components
Module 3: The Architecture Development Method (ADM)
- Describe the main objectives of each phase
- Briefly explain the approach undertaken for each phase
- Briefly explain how Requirements Management fits into the ADM cycle
- Describe the nature of the Requirements Management process
- To briefly explain the contents of Part III of TOGAF 9
- The need for Architecture Principles and where they are used within TOGAF
- The standard template for Architecture Principles and what makes a good Architecture Principle
- What a Business Scenario is, its purpose, and explain where Business Scenarios are used within the ADM cycle
- The purpose of Gap Analysis and describe the Gap Analysis technique
- Explain the term interoperability, and understand the use of Interoperability Requirements within the TOGAF ADM
- To understand the Business Transformation Readiness program and where Business Transformation Readiness is used within the ADM
- To understand the characteristics of Risk Management and where Risk Management is used within the TOGAF ADM and to understand Capability-Based Planning
Module 4: Architecture Views, Viewpoints, and Stakeholders
- To define and explain the concepts of Stakeholders, Concerns, Architecture Views, and Architecture Viewpoints
- To describe a simple example of an architecture viewpoint and view
- To discuss the relationship between stakeholders, concerns, architecture views, and architecture viewpoints
- To describe the architecture view creation process
Module 5: The Concept of Building Blocks
- To define what a building block is, and explain what makes a good building block
- To explain the distinction between Architecture Building Blocks and Solution Building Blocks
- To explain the use of building blocks in the ADM cycle
- To describe the characteristics of an Architecture Pattern
Module 6: The Key Deliverables of the ADM Cycle
- To explain the role of architecture deliverables across the ADM cycle
- To briefly explain the purpose of key TOGAF deliverables such as Architecture Building Blocks, Architecture Contract, Architecture Principles, Architecture Vision, Compliance Assessment, or Statement of Architecture Work
Module 7: The Enterprise Continuum
- To explain what the Enterprise Continuum is
- Describe how it is used in organizing and developing an architecture
- To explain how the Enterprise Continuum promotes re-use of architecture artifacts
- Describe the constituents of the Enterprise Continuum
- To explain the purpose of the Enterprise Continuum
- To explain the purpose of the Architecture Continuum
- To list the stages of architecture evolution defined in the Architecture Continuum
- To explain the purpose of the Solutions Continuum
- To list the stages of architecture evolution defined in the Solutions Continuum
- To explain the relationship between the Enterprise Continuum and the TOGAF ADM
Module 8: The Architecture Repository
- To describe the Architecture Repository, and explain the relationship between the Enterprise Continuum and the Architecture Repository
- To describe the classes of information held in the Architecture Repository
- To list the three levels of the Architecture Landscape
- To explain the purpose of the Standards Information Base within the Architecture Repository
Module 9: The TOGAF Reference Models
- To explain the role of the TRM as a Foundation Architecture
- To describe at a high-level the main components of the TOGAF TRM
- To explain the basic concepts of the III-RM
- To explain the relationship of the III-RM to the concept of Boundaryless Information Flow
Module 10: Architecture Governance and the ADM
- To explain the concept of Architecture Governance and explain why it is beneficial
- To describe the main components that make up an Architecture Governance framework
- To explain the need for establishment of an Architecture Board and list its responsibilities
- To explain the role of Architecture Contracts
- To explain the meaning of and need for Architecture Compliance
- To explain the purpose of Architecture Compliance Reviews and briefly describe the Architecture Compliance Review process
- To explain how the ADM can be used to establish an Architecture Capability
Exams, Voucher, and Assessments
Pearson VUE is the authorized provider of the certification exams for TOGAF, and they host exams at test centers located near most major cities world-wide; a proctored online exam option is also now being offered for the Foundation exam. The student will be provided with a free voucher for the Foundation level exam (on request when ready to schedule the exam). Note that if this exam were purchased from Pearson VUE by an individual outside of an accredited course like this one, the cost for the exam alone would be $320, making the inclusion of the voucher in this course a tremendous value!
Requesting and Using the Exam Voucher:
When ready to take the exam, the student simply contacts the course provider to make the request (via support contact info that will be provided). Up to 6 business days may be required to fulfill the request for an exam voucher, so the user should plan ahead to ensure the voucher is in-hand at the time it will be needed to schedule the exam with Pearson VUE. The exam voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and must be claimed within 12 months of first course access.
What to know about the Foundation certification exam:
- This is a multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions
- There is a time limit of 60 minutes to complete the exam
- The exam is closed book – the student cannot make use of any resources or materials during the exam
- The pass mark for the exam is 55%, so at least 22 out of 40 questions must be correct
- In countries where English is a second language (per The Open Group’s ESL country list), the time allocated for the exam is extended to 90 minutes
Once completed with the the course and ready for the exam, the student can contact the course provider and request the free exam voucher, which can then be used to book the exam at any Pearson VUE test center within a 12 month period. The booking is done online on the Pearson VUE website by selecting the exam type, the test center location, and the date and time desired from those available at the chosen location — the voucher code is entered as payment at time of booking.
Included workbook, quizzes and practice exam
This Foundation course features a student workbook, available as a PDF download. The student can use this workbook to make notes as they progress through the course. A completed workbook makes a great resource for exam preparation. The workbook can be printed out for making hand-written entries, or (if using Adobe Reader 11 or later) notes can be made directly into the PDF.
Each module concludes with a number of multiple choice questions that cover the information just learned – these module questions provide automatic gradign and feedback, and are a great way to test the level of understanding and recall of topics while progressing through the course. A module’s content can be revisited as needed at anytime.
One practice exam and exam simulator with answers is included within the course to prepare students to take the official exam as best possible.
The course will introduce many new concepts that may be unfamiliar. It is for this reason that we suggest the learner revisits the course a second time before attempting the exam. A second visit will reinforce the learning and increase the chances of success.
A note on certification levels: “TOGAF 9 Foundation” (Level 1) vs “TOGAF 9 Certified” (Level 2):
Achieving the full “TOGAF 9 Certified” (Level 2) certification requires deeper knowledge and more extensive training than what Foundation (Level 1) certification requires, and therefore requires more knowledge than what this Foundation course provides. Level 2 also requires a second exam in addition to the Level 1 exam. While this Foundation course covers all the core concepts and addresses most all of the key areas of the framework, at least at a high level, TOGAF 9 Certified (Level 2) certification requires more detailed knowledge in a number of areas, and includes several additional concepts not covered by Foundation. In short, Level 2 is focused more on practitioner-oriented detail and guidance. As examples, Level 2 requires knowledge of the specific “steps” carried out in each ADM phase (vs. Level 1 which just requires understanding the objectives and major activities of a phase), and Level 2 includes the details of a “content metamodel” which identifies the specific entities to be modeled in the various EA domains, whereas Foundation (Level 1) does not cover such details; there are more differences, but these examples provide a sense of some of the key differences between Level 1 and Level 2.
Course Pricing and Discounts
Price (single-user): $584 USD (exam voucher included – a $320 value)
Already 25% below retail!
See our discounts below for up to 40% in additional savings.
Even though this price is already well below suggested retail, our Total-Based Discounts and Special Package Discounts allow you or your team to save far more when purchasing multiple kinds and/or multiple quantities of self-paced and/or instructor-led courses – a great benefit for those acquiring training for teams and organizations with varying needs. Details follow…
TOTAL-BASED DISCOUNTS for our Self-Paced e-Learning Courses
The total amount of any order you place with us determines the discount percentage applied to any self-paced e-learning courses contained in the order. Your order, whether via the online ordering/payment system here on this site, or via traditional PO, may consist of any number of e-learning courses at various quantities and/or other types of courses and products we offer. The total-based discount brackets are as follows:
5% off e-learning if order total is $2,000 to $5,999 (use coupon code EL-5 )
10% off e-learning if order total is $6,000 to $9,999 (use coupon code EL-10 )
If planning order(s) over $10,000 please contact us --- and also note our 15% - 40% SPECIAL PACKAGE DISCOUNTS described further below.
Determination of Order Total: Any course(s) or other products in your order, at the quantities specified in the order, all count toward the order total range thresholds above; i.e., even an item that is not an e-learning course counts toward the threshold, such as a registration for a public instructor-led TOGAF course.
Discount Applicability: When a total order amount is in the ranges defined above, the specified discount is applied only to the self-paced e-learning courses in the order. While instructor-led course(s) in an order do count toward the total order thresholds, the above discounts are not applied to instructor-led courses. These total-based discounts cannot be applied in combination with any other discount offer, other coupon codes, or other special promotions. Note that if you are interested in ordering a private instructor-led course in combination with one or more self-paced e-learning courses, consider the “15% - 40% Special Package Discounts” described further below.
Ordering Methods for Discounts
Orders via Cart: If using our convenient online order/payment system here on our site, simply enter and apply the appropriate coupon code (indicated above) on the Cart page, being sure that all item quantities are properly set before applying the coupon code. After applying, the proper coupon code, the cart will automatically update to reflect the reduced prices and total resulting from the discounts.
Orders via PO: If you cannot take advantage of our convenient online ordering process and need to place your order via a traditional PO, we will offer/apply the same discount policy described above in our quotation.
Discounts for Multiple Orders Over a Time Period: If circumstances result in you distributing your course purchases across multiple orders over a period of time (either via Cart or PO), you can still partially benefit from the discount policy described above. We will allow the total of your prior orders placed within the last 6 months to be applied toward meeting the above thresholds for discounts on new self-paced e-learning course orders. Just contact us before placing any additional orders and we’ll provide you special coupon codes for the Cart (or special quotations for a PO) that reduce the discount thresholds for the new order by the amount of your previous orders from the prior 6 months.
15% - 40% SPECIAL PACKAGE ELEARNING DISCOUNTS for clients who book a private instructor-led course:
- 15% discount on all elearning course orders (of $20,000 or less) placed within 6 months of any private instructor-led course booking of any class size (even 1-on-1 classes),
- 40% discount on any single elearning course of choice (one user) ordered within 6 months of any private instructor-led course booking of 4 or more attendees; every additional 4 attendees at the same instructor-led course qualifies the organization for another 40% discount on any single elearning course (one user); example: a private instructor-led course booking for 12 attendees qualifies the organization to purchase any 3 elearning courses (for any 3 users) at a 40% discount - these 3 users may be different people in the organization, or may be among those who attended the private course.
These special package discounts are great opportunities for organizations that want to extend TOGAF-related training via self-paced e-learning to other peripheral or remote individuals or groups that do not need, or cannot participate in the more intensive live instructor-led training – the anytime/anywhere access to e-learning courses can greatly increase the reach and accessibility of the training across the organization. Alternatively, some e-learning courses serve as excellent supplemental, deeper-dive, or refresher training for those who have already attended private instructor-led training (example: the “Implementation: TOGAF” elearning course can serve as a more practitioner-oriented supplement for those who have attended a private instructor-led TOGAF certification prep course).
If interested in either of these special package discounts, just contact us about your plans, and whether you intend to order via PO or via our Cart, and we will coordinate with you to ensure that the appropriate discount of choice is applied to the qualifying self-paced e-learning courses you order after your private course is booked.
For information on our very affordable, high quality, instructor-led TOGAF certification-prep course offerings (online or onsite, private 1-on-1 or groups of 2+), please start with the overview provided on the eLearning Launchpad home page.
Special Package Discount Applicability: Applies as stated above to qualifying self-paced elearning courses ordered within the 6 month period that follow the placement of a paid private instructor-led course order with us (or issuance of an approved PO for same). The 15% and 40% Special Package Discounts described above cannot be applied in combination, nor can either of these discounts be applied in combination with any other discount offer, other coupon codes, or other special promotions that do not allow additional discounts.
The gift card offer described below cannot be used in combination with other discounts or promotions, such as the elearning discounts described above.
A Customer Appreciation Offer (supply is limited):
Receive a $150 AMAZON.COM GIFT CARD!
(for U.S. Amazon purchases only)
4 Easy Ways to Receive Your Card:
- Register for a public instructor-led 4-day TOGAF cert prep course (an affordable training solution for individuals)
- Order a private instructor-led 4-day TOGAF cert prep course (any class size from 1 to 15, onsite or online, you pick the dates & times)
- Order self-paced e-learning courses totalling $2000 or more (any mix/quantity of elearning courses; one user per course)
- Refer someone to us who then orders and attends/uses a course per one of the above 3 criteria
Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and can be redeemed towards millions of items at www.amazon.com
NOTE: Amazon Gift Cards may not be applied to the purchase of goods or services at any Amazon-affiliated property outside of the United States.
Some restrictions apply to use of the Amazon.com Gift Card: See amazon.com/gc-legal
This gift card offer is not valid in combination with any other course discounts or promotions described on this site.
After placing your course order(s), use our Contact Us form to let us know if you'd like to accept or decline this offer; if accepted, the gift card recipient name, email address, and location (city and state) must be provided.
The gift card is supplied electronically -- the code will be made available for download after course payment is received and after either 1) attendance at the instructor-led course, or 2) 14 days after purchase of the e-learning courses.
Referrers should use our Contact Us form to identify the name, organization, and email address of the party you are referring.
A party who is referred to us (ie, per the referral offer described above) is not eligible for this gift card offer.
As an alternative to this offer, other DISCOUNT OFFERS UP TO 40% are possible on our self-paced e-learning courses.
Order This Course
Clicking the “Order This Course” button below takes you to a simple order form and online checkout/payment process.
Need to order via PO instead? No problem, just contact us and let us know what you need. Same discounts apply to POs.
NOTES ON PLACING ORDERS
You identify the user name(s) and user email(s) in the order form, and adjust the course order quantity to match the number of users (only one user permitted per course instance).
If your order is placed via credit card, we will immediately begin preparing a unique course management area with login credentials for each user. The course will be ready to access, and access info will be emailed to each user, within 48 hours of receiving your paid order. (If the Check or ACH payment payment method is chosen in Checkout, course access will be granted to the user(s) only after payment is actually received/cleared in our account.)
All applicable terms and conditions are identified on the order form. Due to intellectual property protection policies, refunds are not possible for any given single-user course after the assigned user first accesses that course; so, to avoid misunderstanding of the course content and features, please be sure you have evaluated the course description, introductory video, detailed outline, and trial course (sample course excerpt module) provided above on this page (additional refund policy details are provided on the order form).
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT DISCOUNTS: If ordering here on our online shop, the total-based discounts described in the Course Pricing and Discounts section above can be applied in the Cart page, using the coupon codes indicated; this is done after all desired products have been added to the Cart and desired quantities are set. Note that orders for any of our other self-paced elearning courses and/or live instructor-led courses (such as a public TOGAF course registration) may also be added to the same cart, and all items will count toward the total-based discount thresholds that are applicable to this course. Note that if you are planning to order a private instructor-led course along with this or other e-learning courses, please contact us before placing your order because, in this case, special discounts are possible for some or all of your self-paced e-learning course orders going forward.
Need to use a PO? If you need to place your order via PO and are not able to use our simple online shop for orders, it’s no problem at all — we’re happy to support your procurement process requirements. Note that the discounts described above also apply for PO-based orders. Instead of using our order form, just contact us and let us know your plans and requirements – we’ll provide a quotation and terms document, and any other documentation that may be needed. Please be sure to review the discount information in the section above, and click through to the order form (button below) to review the agreements and terms involved with this course, as most of this information will be relevant to the quote and PO. Note that access to e-learning courses is granted to users after receipt of an approved and accepted PO with that includes our terms.
For any questions, please use our contact form, or email us at or call us at . Note that, when a course is ordered and access is granted, the user(s) will be provided with additional contact information for technical and course subject matter support directly from the course provider.Top